Reviewed /Updated June 2018
This document sets out the practices of the Benchmark Estimating in relation to the handling of personal information collected from visitors to Benchmark Estimating websites.
1. Statement of Commitment
Benchmark Estimating Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and of everyone who visits our website, calums18.sg-host.com. We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
2. Information about us
Benchmark Estimating Ltd
Registered in England under Company No: 06142404
Registered address: Topping Partnership, Incom House, Waterside, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1WD
VAT No: 909806793
3. What does this policy cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is outlined in part 5, below
5. Why do we collect personal information?
When you visit a Benchmark Estimating site, Benchmark Estimating service provider may record your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to this site and the pages you viewed. This information is used for statistical and website development purposes only.
We collect personally identifiable information that is specific and volunteered by visitors to Benchmark Estimating websites. This information may include your name, title, company, address, contact telephone number and email address. We may also request other personal information about you as part of an Online Application for current employment opportunities, surveys, special offers or when you request particular services.
This information is typically used for accessing specific site areas and reference material, information requests, submitting resumes and ensuring that communications are relevant.
Where we have obtained your consent, we may send you promotional information from time to time, including details of current issues, future events, or seminars. If you no longer wish to receive this information you may remove your name from our list by either;
– following the ‘Unsubscribe’ instructions contained within the email
– e-mailing us at https://firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and email address details. Information will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, except where it is provided to a contractor or supplier for the purposes of undertaking services which are required for the ordinary administration of the Benchmark Estimating business.
6. What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we use it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
7. Storage and security of your personal information
Benchmark Estimating will use reasonable endeavours to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. Information will be kept until it is out of date or no longer required, at which time it will be destroyed or de-identified.
You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Benchmark Estimating website. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
8. You can access, change or delete the information we keep about you
All personal information kept about you is available at any time via direct email request. To access your information, send an email to email@example.com with details of your request.
9. Links to other Websites
10. Enquiries, Complaints and Contact Details
Anyone who requires further information regarding the Benchmark Estimating privacy practices or feels that there has been an unwarranted invasion of their privacy should contact the Benchmark Estimating Privacy Officer, Beverley Woodward, on 0161 237 1155 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Future changes
12. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or phone or any internet device when you visit a website.
A cookie is small in size, so does not usually have a noticeable effect on the hard-disc space on your device
There are different types of cookies:
Session Cookies: these are usually deleted when you close your browser
Persistent Cookies: these remain on your device until they expire, or a site or you deletes them for your browser cache. These type of cookies help a site remember customised settings and information about your individual use of the site.
To find out more about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org. From www.aboutcookies.org you can find out information about cookies, what cookies have been set and how you can delete them.
Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
13. How can I control cookies?
If you do not wish sites to set cookies, you are able to modify your browser so that it can either refuse all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. You are also able to delete cookies that have already been set in your browser.
To block all or some web browser cookies then you can do this through using your browser settings. Your browser Help section will be able to help you with this. Alternatively, www.aboutcookies.org, contains information on how to do this.
· Collect usage statistics to help improve our service
15. Site Use Statistics Cookies
These cookies help us collect traffic information and statistics that help us to improve the sites functionality and design to suit the browsers and devices you use.
The site use statistics cookies:
· Name: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz (__utm* in general) and __qca
· Name: __atuvc
16. Third party cookies
From time to time we embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube, Flickr, Twitter (etc) to enable us to offer information and help guides (etc). Pages on our site that contain embedded content may present cookies from these third party websites. Also, when you click on any “Share this”, “Like”, “Tweet”, “Post” or “Send to a friend” links/buttons a cookie may be set by the service providing the functionality. We cannot control the use of these cookies so these settings will not block cookies from those websites. You can change the cookies on the third party website themselves. Please contact them for further information.